Monday, May 23, 2011

Manta Day 9-10 (22-23 May 2011)

I been a little tired to write very much.  Yesterday I was in dermatology.  We didn't see very many patients because it was a specialty that most people didn't really need.  I got to see a couple of interesting, simple surgeries to remove skin growths, though.  After the day at Jaramijo we came back to the hotel, ate dinner and went to church on the ship.  It was interesting to see which of the officers we had worked with turned out to be members.  There were also the volunteers from LDS charities plus ourselves.  I passed the sacrament.  We went back to the hotel and I fell asleep reading.

Today I was in general medicine again, with a lot of pediatric patients.  Not much interesting happened.  I now have a much better idea what a doctor does day in and day out, and an even better conviction that I would not like to do that for the rest of my life.  I once considered being a doctor, but I am glad that I found something I was made for.  Tonight we are going to go to the daily officers' debriefing as part of our professional development.  I'm dying to go.  Seriously. I mean it.

1 comment: